When the data in the field associated with your point of focus is “negative,” then your body’s survival intelligence instantly interprets that point as a “threat” to your survival and your body’s survival response system instantly activates.
- This activation process occurs within microseconds.
- You will know this activation is happening when a wave of emotion suddenly comes up in your body.
- The basic survival mechanism responses are “Fight, Flight or Freeze.”
- Therefore, the emotional wave you experience will be rooted in one or in a combination of these basic survival responses including a full-on anger/rage response (Fight), an impulse to run away as quickly as possible (Flight), or a “doe-in-the-headlights” response (Freeze).
In the microsecond that the survival mechanism is activated, a primal intelligence in your body takes over and, in truth, until that wave subsides, you are no longer in control of your emotions and, sometimes, your behavior.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is an example of this phenomenon in the extreme.