If you’ve been through a lot of therapy, you know that reliving your emotions and re-telling your story over and over can get to be not just tiring, but boring and frustrating too.
It is important to understand that QFC is not a “therapy.”
- Instead, QFC is an emotional software reprogramming protocol.
- Consequently, it is not that necessary for QFC practitioners to hear your story in detail, nor is it necessary for you to rehash your emotions over and over.
Of course, we will need some information, but what we’re more interested in is the question of where you want to go in your life: your goals, aspirations, dreams and desires.
- With knowledge of where you want to go, we will probe your current life circumstances to identify the dynamics (relationships, emotional states, activities, environments, etc.) that are preventing you from getting where you want to go by triggering your survival mechanism.
- We are looking for the old programming related to unmet emotionally based needs that are getting in the way of your ability to creatively respond to your life circumstances in ways that work for you.
Sometimes, in the course of a QFC session, we will hit upon an emotionally charged dynamic.
- However, if that occurs, it is because the dynamic is organically triggered by your body- not gratuitously triggered by your practitioner.
- We will encourage to engage emotionally only to the degree necessary to get the job done; our purpose is not served by having you relive your traumas over and over.
- Our job is to deal with the fragmenting events in your past as they relate to the dynamics going on in your present and to get them resolved so that your body can reorganize itself to function as if those fragmenting events had never occurred.
- It is only then that you are truly free of your past.